We have recently learned that Udi’s Healthy Foods LLC, in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is voluntarily recalling certain lots of its [Read More]
Domino’s Pizza seems to have taken one step forward and two steps back move in the eyes of many familiar with celiac disease with it’s new gluten free crust. It [Read More]
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 5, 2012 Contact: Susan Stribling Odwalla Inc. 404.676.4120 ODWALLA, INC. ISSUES NATIONWIDE ALLERGY ALERT ON CHOCOLATE PROTEIN MONSTER [Read More]
Qualitest Pharmaceuticals Issues Voluntary, Nationwide Retail Level Recall of Four Lots of Butalbital, Acetaminophen, and Caffeine Tablets
Qualitest Pharmaceuticals today issued a voluntary nationwide retail level recall of Butalbital, Acetaminophen, and Caffeine Tablets USP, 50mg/325mg/40mg, and Hydrocodone [Read More]
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) Joins “HAE: Learn About It, Talk About It,” Consortium of Specialist Organizations Committed to Advancing Care of Patients With Hereditary Angioedema (HAE)
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) today announced it has joined a growing collaboration of professional organizations in the program, “HAE: Learn About [Read More]
According to a national survey of more than 38,000 families, 8 percent of children in the United States suffer from a food allergy – a considerably higher number than [Read More]
Children’s Hospital Study Shows Pediatric Patient Crowding Can be Reduced by Smoothing Occupancy Levels
Children’s hospitals can reduce higher patient occupancy rates most often experienced during weekdays by scheduling more patients to be admitted on days with lighter [Read More]
Early results from the largest cross-sectional national allergy study ever conducted, to be released later this week, suggest that allergies have increased in America, but [Read More]
- Rainy weather good for allergy sufferersSchool nurse Lynn Moretz has been dispensing a ton of tissues lately. Students keep pouring in with red eyes, sneezing, sinus pressure, dark circles and sometimes general malaise, said Moretz, who works in Hughes Elementary School in New Hartford. For those of you whose nose and eyes haven’t already told you, allergy season is here. […]
- Try these at-home remedies to feel better during allergy seasonWith allergy season in full swing, there's no way to escape the pollen in Pittsburgh. To make it even worse, experts say this allergy season is going to be especially bad in western Pennsylvania. […]
- Food Allergy Week Special: AvoidanceFood Allergy week is coming to an end, and before we wrap up there's just one more thing - avoidance! Whilst there is no cure for food allergies, the next best thing is steering clear of those nasty food triggers . There's no doubt it's tricky when it comes to knowing what exactly is in the food you eat and can be a real challenge when you […]
- An Allergy Sufferer Tests Six Air PurifiersA veteran sneezer challenges several air purifiers to live up to their promises of eliminating pollen, mold and even pet odors. […]
- Allergy epidemic impacts over one-third of New ZealandersAt least one-third of New Zealander’s health is impacted by allergies and one in ten babies born in New Zealand today will develop a significant allergy related health issue. […]
- Allergy epidemic impacts more than one-third of NZersAt least one-third of New Zealander’s health is impacted by allergies and one in ten babies born in New Zealand today will develop a significant allergy related health issue. Formal research shows that allergy rates, including food allergy, continue to increase. New Zealand has some of the highest allergy rates in the world. Despite this data, there is a sig […]
If you asked most people if they were aware of allergies, they would undoubtedly tell you, yes. "Tom, are you aware?", "Yep", he nods...."Sally, how about you?", "Sure!", she exclaims with a smile. Ok then, problem solved, we're all good. Everyone is aware. Not so fast. Being aware doesn't mean you understand the impacts and the consequences of someone dealing with life threatening allergies. We all want to do good.(Most of us) We all want to think we are understanding of others needs. Especially if there are life changing consequences. But, do we really, when it comes to allergies? I had an incident about 8 years ago as I was on a commercial flight. I was sitting in my seat getting comfortable and eating some peanuts I had brought [Read More]
I was on the phone with her and she was a thousand miles away, but I could still see the tears. Why was a new, young mother feeling so much pain, so much fear? I understood why, but I couldn't imagine what she was feeling. She thankfully, recently, had a beautiful happy baby. Ten fingers...Ten toes. One that could laugh and cry and do all the little things newborns do. She had a lot to be thankful for. That was the good news. What I listened to was the sad news..... Her little infant had a life threatening food allergy. Some of you reading this will understand immediately the implications of what I'm writing. For the others, I'll try and help you. When someone has a life threatening, or anaphylactic reaction, they need to administer [Read More]
- Skin Prick Retest one week later, different results??
- Latin names of food allergens that may be used in cosmetics/toiletries
- Allergy & Immunology Residency
- Burning Hands?
- Experience in Donating Plasma with Allergies?
- Allergy Causes?
- worried for my 3 yr old daughter
- New medical TV programme - UK : Looking for people with allergies
- allergy nasal sprays
- Allergy or cold?
- Anyone else have chicken allergy?
- The Dark Side of "Healthy" Wheat - "Modern wheat isn't really wheat"
- Anyone Else Have An Unknown Food Allergy?
- Food Allergy & Lifestyle
- Food Allergy Sufferers Questionnaire
- About to kill myself -.-
- Student need help with a survey for project-Massachusetts residents preferred
- Boy Survives Delayed Reaction To Peanut Allergy
- Puzzling Reaction
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 5, 2012 Contact: Susan Stribling Odwalla Inc. 404.676.4120 ODWALLA, INC. ISSUES NATIONWIDE ALLERGY ALERT ON CHOCOLATE PROTEIN MONSTER BEVERAGE Dinuba, CA —Odwalla, Inc. is recalling Odwalla Chocolate Protein Monster beverage in 12-oz and 32-oz bottles, with “enjoy by” dates prior to and including 23 MAY 2012, because of reports from [Read More]
Hunter Fan Company, the world’s original ceiling fan manufacturer, announced today the launch of the Total Air Sanitizer, the world’s only portable air purifier that effectively captures and kills living biological pollutants and viruses. Addressing a growing worldwide concern over air safety and cleanliness, Hunter developed the Total [Read More]
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the growing population of people with asthma and allergies now has a luxury hotel option that features Certified asthma & allergy friendly® bedding in every room when visiting the Boston area. The Lenox Hotel in the historic Back Bay now features all natural SmartSilk™ silk-filled bedding that has [Read More]
The makers of LifeStyles® Condoms (“LifeStyles”) announce today the release of their latest innovation in contraception, SKYN® Large. Following the overwhelming success of SKYN, the first polyisoprene condom on the market, and due to high consumer demand for a larger SKYN product, LifeStyles is expanding size options and product [Read More]