Dog allergies in new house

Discussion in 'General Allergy Info' started by merkle41, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Offline

merkle41 New Member

Message Count:
    Hi all,
    This is my first post here on this web site. I've got three sons. Two of them have allergies. One is peanut allergies and the other is Dog allergies. My issue is with my son with the dog allergies. He has been tested and has bad dog allergies. The problem we are having is we are looking for a new house. We found one that we can afford in the town we want but there is a down side. There are two dogs that live there currently. I was looking to see if its possible to clean the house to get the dander out. I know all carpets will have to be removed and everything will have to be wiped down. I was just wondering if anyone has advice on cleaning or if anyone here has done this before. We are doing a lot of research but can't come up with much. We don't want our son to get sick so if there is no solution we will not be buying this house. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Offline

AllergyGuy Administrator

Message Count:
    I don't think this can be answered as there are too many variables. But, if you are willing to pull out all carpets and go to hard surfaces and clean with HEPA filtration and perhaps install a central vac venting to the outside, I'd think you would have a good chance of making the home a place where he wouldn't react.... But, it's just my opinion.