Has anyone used the Allergy Kit?

Discussion in 'Allergy Medications & Treatments' started by Sneezy1, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Offline

Zoe New Member

Message Count:
    I've been practicing elimination for years, but lemme tell ya, having to avoid wheat AND dairy pretty much eliminates about 90% of the desserts worth eating. Food is one of the joys in life, and having to settle for less tasty substitutes is annoying to say the least. I haven't eaten a sandwich in forever, and having to constantly limit what I can order when we go out to eat is frustrating for me and the people I'm with. "Don't cheat" - yes, simple advice. But when you truly enjoy something, why should there be limits?

Is it the elimination or the treatment? I'm leaning towards the treatment. The abstaining from an allergen is only for 24 hours per treatment, and I've abstained for much longer than that. I've been doing about the same amount of cheating as before, so although there's nothing scientific about it, my impression is that my reactions are less severe than usual. The real test will be when I finally finish all the vials and start happily eating the stuff I couldn't before on a regular basis. You don't know how much you miss grilled cheese until you can't eat it!
  2. Offline

AllergyGuy Administrator

Message Count:
    Haha.... grilled cheese.

Correct me if wrong, but would a gluten free bread and lactose free cheese work?

I might have some good news for you. I'm not a big sweets eater so I'm probably not the best judge, but I just tried Udi's Lemon Streusel Muffins and I liked them. Their label says, "gluten free, soy free, dairy free, nut free".

Good luck and keep us posted.
  3. Offline

Zoe New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to check out those muffins. I have yet to find a gluten-free bread that was not dense, crumbly, funky-tasting, or in some way inferior to wheat-based bread. There's just something about gluten that helps to maintain that elastic texture of good bread. Also, you pay twice as much to get half as much gluten-free anything, and it's almost always disappointing. I stopped trying to find good gluten-free bread. On the bright side, I've been inadvertently eating a low-carb diet. If I ever get cured of my wheat allergy, I just may blow up into a blimp.
  4. Offline

AllergyGuy Administrator

Message Count:
    Fair enough..... I tend to agree with you.

I will say that I eat wraps more than bread. I eat Sonoma brand (La Tortilla Factory) Gluten free teff wraps. They are made with the teff grain. They heat well, don't break easily, and are large enough to make a meal out of. The only bad thing about them is they are difficult to find. I think Amazon and their own website sells the La Tortilla Factory style that has preservatives. Both are good.... I just prefer the Sanoma ones.

True, gluten free items tend to be more expensive that a regular product. The good news is a lot of mainstream products are becoming gluten free.
  5. Offline

Zoe New Member

Message Count:
    Time for an update! I finally finished all 7 vials and have been snacking on a few wheat-laden items here and there. I haven't gone hog wild on the gluten yet. The eczema on my hands seems to be less severe than before, but strangely the back of one knee has been itching like crazy for the past two weeks. I still need to complete the questionnaire as instructed to see if my other symptoms have changed at all. I most likely need another run-through of allergy kit treatments from the beginning, but at this time, I'm not convinced that I'm cured. I'm not convinced that it didn't work either. The process may be like peeling an onion, getting rid of layers of sensitivities, with some layers being more stubborn than others. I'll keep posting as more information develops.
  6. Offline

AllergyGuy Administrator

Message Count:
    Thanks for the update Zoe....

Keep us posted. Seems you're not convinced either way at this point.
  7. Offline

Zoe New Member

Message Count:
    Morning itchies on my hands today, so I know I'm not cured. Still, I'm willing to try it again in case it needs more iterations to be effective.

On a somewhat related note, it might be a good thing I still need to avoid gluten. I was in the doctors office yesterday and read an article about how gluten played a role in joint inflammation. I guess it's a good thing to avoid, however I'd still like the choice to avoid it or not.
  8. Offline

WAZ New Member

Message Count:
    You might want to restrict additives in your diet. Things like MSG www.truthinlabeling.org, artificial colors. Try to have a more pure diet. If you are eating out a lot, you could be putting things in your system besides "food" which can affect you. I will look at the allergy kit. I have many food allergies and sensitivities to MSG and food coloring, and I have never heard of that kit. Thanks for sharing.
  9. Offline

Zoe New Member

Message Count:
    I waited a couple weeks before filling out the symptoms questionnaire again, to give myself a chance to notice any differences. Big disappointment... the score was pretty much the same. I am starting the process all over again to see if I have better success the second time around. Next update probably won't be for a few weeks, after I've completed everything a second time.
  10. Offline

AllergyGuy Administrator

Message Count:
    Hey Zoe, appreciate the post. Sorry you haven't seen an improvement. I'm sure your reports will be a big help to others.
  11. Offline

Zoe New Member

Message Count:
    Okay, holidays are finally over! I did another round of all the vials before Christmas, and then over the course of 2 weeks cheated a lot with pies, cakes, cinnamon rolls... oh those home-baked cinnamon rolls... I would have like 1-4 of them every day. Normally within a week I would have itchy outbreaks galore. This time, surprisingly, my reaction was much more subdued. Much less eczema on my hands, and minimal itching behind my knee. Mind you I still do have a some eczema blisters, but the severity is significantly reduced, and it took a lot longer to get to that point. Even my partner has noticed a difference. I'm starting to think The Allergy Kit might have actually helped! Maybe multiple treatments were all that was needed.
  12. Offline

AllergyGuy Administrator

Message Count:
    Nice update..... Happy New Year & I hope you continue to get positive results.
  13. Offline

ShellyAnn33 New Member

Message Count:
    Hello,
    I joined just to see if I can help? And get some help?
    I am 30 years old and I suffer from eggs, apples, milk carrots, melons? Dogs cats rabbits and dust mite allergies! I just had a baby she is now 4 months old and she was born with allergies the next day she had hives on her face and ears! I have been on an elimination diet since she was born. We have found that she severely allergic to soy and to milk, and possibly other things. The soy gives her hives as soon as she has contact, and the milk is severe gastrointestinal with green mucous poops problems and eczema! (I breast feed her so this is all through my eating the products) That is not all I have 4 other children who all have symptoms of allergies! Starting will eczema and rashes all over I think it is the milk? Any-who! I don't want to give my kids shots or take any chemicals, so Zoe I was wondering how the allergy kit is administered? Are you using the laser? It says it is good for all people even infants and pregnant ladies, would you agree? I really need to help my family? I home school so avoiding the allergen wont be a problem and I am not new to herbal and homeopathic remedies? Herbal medicine cured me of some sever emotional issues I had early in my 20's. I would love any ones in put, as soon as you can, I am praying before I buy it:) It say's 30 day money back guarantee:)
    Thanks a bunch
    Shelly Ann
  14. Offline

Zoe New Member

Message Count:
    Hi Shelly Ann! As annoying as my allergies are, I always feel thankful when I hear about the severity of others'. I'll answer your questions as best as I can.

1. How is the allergy kit administered?
    There are two methods: tapping and laser. For my first round I used tapping because I didn't find the written instructions thorough enough to determine if I was using the laser correctly. An instructional video really speaks volumes, and at the time they only had a video for tapping. Later they added a video for laser, and I used that for my second round of treatments. I found it to be faster and much easier to do from memory than tapping. I could never remember the order of the pressure points when using tapping method, and in the video he kind of blows through it too quickly.

As I understand it, tapping is using your finger to gently hit certain acupressure points. Laser is supposed to achieve the same effect somehow. I don't know enough about energy healing, but perhaps since a laser is energy, it is able to stimulate the energy within these points. It is not at all painful. It's like playing with a laser pointer.

The interesting part of this allergy kit is the vials. There is a small vial for each allergen or group of similar allergens. I think these vials are clear, so I think contain the energy or essence of the allergen. You treat for one allergen at a time, starting with the first item in their list. When I saw an energy healer, she had vials just like these, and I held one during treatment. In this kit, you actually place it on your bellybutton. Kinda weird, but we can't always dismiss what we don't understand.

Each treatment has a 25 hour period before you can start treatment of the next allergen. The kit comes with 7 vials. If you noticed the date stamps of my posts, you'll see it took me months to finish two rounds. This is because I wasn't diligent in doing the treatments in a timely manner. It took two complete rounds of treatments for me to notice any improvement at all, so your mileage may vary.

The energy healer told me that this way of treating allergies is kind of like peeling layers of an onion. Many little things cause us to be inflamed, causing us to be more sensitive to allergens. As we treat these layers of inflammation, our sensitivities improve and we can withstand the allergen a little better. Your family's symptoms sound more severe than mine, so it may take more than 2 rounds of treatments to get worthy results. I personally think they should give a 60-day money back guarantee, because it takes time to get results.

2. Is it really safe for infants and pregnant women?
    I cannot personally vouch for its safety on babies, but from what I understand, all you are doing is trying to rebalance your energy pathways. Acupuncture, which is more widely accepted, works on the same principle. If you try to ask a western doctor about it, they'll likely roll their eyes and think you're a nutbag for even considering it. But I wholeheartedly believe that it is a million times safer than any kind of drug or chemical therapy that they would recommend.

Conclusion
    The allergy kit is reusable for multiple individuals, so one kit can service your entire family. If you aren't hurting for money, then I think it is well worth trying. By the way, the reason I stopped seeing the energy healer was because a) I moved away and b) it cost $75 per session!
  15. Offline

Rhonda New Member

Message Count:
    Zoe I'm glad to hear that you see a difference. I also started the kit. I am on vial 2. I have been doing the vials twice before I proceed to the next one. My problem is rosacea, and I have been gluten free for 6 years. Anyway, I did see a slight decrease in the redness already. We will see.
  16. Offline

kt2012 New Member

Message Count:
    Hey zoe i have been reading and falling along with your progress and its great!!!

finally decided to join.

i to have done the treatment .. and it took awhile probably 3-4 months and some breaks in between. i also from time to time do my extra vials again
    like for cold wheather . works great!

are you now done doing the vials? or you still repeating from time to time?

i noticed for me from time to time i need redo the extra vials. i have never done 1-7 again aftering doing each of those 3-4 times in the begining but i
    read some times you need go back and redo because of some reason it causes a trigger to make it come back or something.... also if your highly allergic to something it does take longer than 1-2 attempts of the vial

to rhonda good luck!! vials 2 i believe is sugar... and its the hardest for me and because everyting contains sugar!!!
  17. Offline

Rhonda New Member

Message Count:
    I just wanted to give an update on my progress. I finished the vials and noticed an improvement in the food sensitivities, and my rosacea was better but not gone. But it had such an improvement that I was able to figure out what my next vial should be. The foods were no longer making my face increase in redness. So because I eliminated that- my cheeks were like on a 1-10 scale with 10 being the worse it was like a 2/3. Then it was a nice day out so I was lying in the sun on my deck within 10 minutes my face started itching and my rosacea went to a 7/8. I thought I am sensitive to the sun!! I looked up some info and it said that about 80% of people with rosacea say the sun increases their redness. (By the way, the sun was not touching my face I had a hat on as always.) I have to keep out of the sun. No way. I just love the beach so I started the procedures in the allergy kit with the affirmation in a dark area then I got the q-tip and then got in the sun and started the points. What a difference. I couldn't believe it after the 25 hours. That was about 2 weeks ago and the redness is like 1 or 2 if I am stressed (getting the stress vial). Before I started this kit my redness was a constant 6/7. I am very excited to say the least.
    AllergyGuy likes this.
  18. Offline

AllergyGuy Administrator

Message Count:
    Congrats Rhonda
  19. Offline

Zoe New Member

Message Count:
    kt2012, sorry I didn't reply sooner, I didn't get notified of the new posts in March. Anyway, I actually haven't gone back to redo any of the vials yet. I probably should, but now that my symptoms are so much better I'm just not as motivated. I think my gluten sensitivities will require some re-addressing soon since my hand eczema is starting to flare very slightly. I guess our energy pathways needs rebalancing every so often, like rotating your tires. Probably a terrible analogy, but you get the idea.

And Rhonda, it really is exciting when something non-pharmaceutical actually helps!
  20. Offline

Jil Cornaby New Member

Message Count:
    I've read all through this thread as I am trying to decide if it is worth it to try the kit. I've had Celiac disease for 5 years now. I recently started having symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and am getting tired of all that the auto immune diseases entail. I'd like to find a cure so that I can live a normal life with my family, or as normal as possible.

My symptoms of celiac tend to be internal rather than like Zoe's external. I'm a bit frightened by this as it is hard to tell when I'm having a reaction until it is so severe that I end up hospitalized. However, I'm always hoping for a cure or a way to live in a more normal way.

My father was diagnosed with Celiac when I was 16 and has been under a study at the UofU for years. He cured himself without any medical help, so I know it can be done. He doesn't know how he did this, so he isn't much help in the way of teaching me how to do it. But if this kit were to really work, there are several friends I have that would also benefit, (I seem to be the guine pig on most things like this.) Anyway, I guess I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance before I go for it. I am always hopeful. . . .